On Aug 14, 2006, at 10:28 AM, pete wright wrote:

On 8/14/06, Philippe Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to use Cacti for CPU and RAM usage monitoring on my FreeBSD Server.

Is there a way to do monitoring for each jail independently? I guess the answer is "no" for CPU usage, but is there a way maybe to get the RAM usage of the processes of each jail?

using cacti's scripting ability you actually may be able to get some
sort of usefull info.  for example, you can use "ps auxwl" to get some
pretty detailed info on process which are in jails (third filed is
%CPU, fourth %MEM).  it may take a little work to sort out which jail
a process resides in - .  this method will only work from the master
as well.  similar tricks can be used inside a jail as well.

Remember you can do things like

% jexec NUM /bin/ps

from the master to do a ps command inside jail NUM

you can get the jail number from the % jls command inside the master.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider