Hi

I have a freebsd Generic System 6.0-RELEASE #0 compiled Thursday Nov 3 2005
originally on an Abit VA-20 motherboard equipped with an AMD sempron cpu in its
462 socket.

The Abit motherboard died due to a chip failure and I did not feel like taking
a risk using of the same thing happening again.

I purchased a Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 and installed an AMD Athlon 64 3200+
processor in the socket 939 and transferred the hardware to it.

Apart from not yet getting X-windows to work I am pleased to report that system
seems to be functioning well.(I have not yet worked out how to change the X
config to support the nVIDIA GeForce 6100 chipset).

I now want to upgrade the system to FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-AMD64 and downloaded
the appropriate iso images onto cd.

Wopuld anyone care to offer some advice on the best way to proceed bearing in
mind it is a very long time since I last upgraded in this way.

Thanks

David