In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Nathan Kinkade
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 03:35:33PM -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Andrew Prewett
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> <snip>
> > Right. Restarting a single process is easy. It's finding all the ones
> > that might need restarting that's the problem.
> > Note that "killall -1 sshd" will log out any users logged in via sshd.
> Does `fstat | grep var` give you what you are looking for?

On some machines, yes. On others, no.

I agree that there's seldom a reason to reboot. I happen to think that
having screwed up /var royally and wanting to make sure that
everything is ok afterwards is one of them. Sure, you don't have to
reboot to do that - but that's the easiest method of being sure you've
got everything.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              http://www.mired.org/consulting.html