On 21/08/06, PATRICK CARTER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jeff,

I hate to state (or rather ask) the obvious but are you sure you selected
the appropriate options to install the kernel?  One of the people were I
work swore they had the exact same problem on an x86 they were installing on
and it turned out that she was just forgetting to select an installation
configuration that included the kernel.

--Patrick

Patrick,

I selected the "standard installation" and then went on to install packages.
If the standard installation option doesn't include installing the kernel
(and as I found out later, installing X without installing the default
fonts) then I think that's a bug!

Jeff