Jason Morgan wrote:

> Try mounting the device as SCSI cd device. I have to do the same with
> a Pioneer DVD-ROM (a DVD-118, I believe). You'll need (at least)
>
> device          scbus
> device          cd

Surely you need

    device          atapicam

to make that work.  In fact, if the OP is using a GENERIC kernel, then
all they need to do is 'kldload atapicam' and the /dev/cdX devices
should appear automagically.  To make that persistent across reboots,
either modify the kernel config as above and build and install a new
kernel, or add:

    atapicam_load="YES"

to /boot/loader.conf

        Cheers,