Yuan, Jue wrote:
Hi all.

I just wonder where mfsroot.flp is going now. It seems it has been replaced by boot.flp and kernX.flp. why?

What I really want is to get a mfsroot to embed into a FreeBSD kernel, since kernel has option MD_ROOT to support this. I have found mfsroot.gz in boot/, but after uncompressing, it turns out to be as big as 4.2MB, which is too big for me. :-( Does anyone knows how to create a custom mfsroot, say which files do I need to put in to it, to make it not larger than 4MB?

Any idea would be greatly appreciated. :-)

The mfsroot.flp has been replaced in favour of kernX.flp. It was sometime when the mfsroot grew bigger that the 1.44KiB-limit. What someone did was making the kernel splitable over multiple floppies, and still bootable, iirc.

Why do you need a mfsroot instead of an ordinary /? Are you planing on making a live cd? Just out of curiosity.

Regards!
//Niclas