On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:00:34PM -0800, Kory Hamzeh wrote:

[snip]

> Francesco,
>
> Thank you! That works great and it took me all of 10 minutes to setup and
> configure. I'm wondering if stunnel can be setup to encrypt all traffic to a
> certain host. Right now, I have a bunch of user's using the cisco VPN
> software (IKE & IPSEC) on their PC's and connect to a cisco router acting as
> a security gateway which decrypts and routes the traffic on the local LAN.
> I'm wondering if stunnel can replace all of that by running stunnel on a
> freebsd machine acting as the security gateway and then run a copy of
> stunnel on all of the user's PC under windoze.
>
> Thanks,
> Kory

> end of the original message

If I understand you well, you have several options:

- install mpd (net/mpd in the ports) on the FreeBSD machine acting as a PPTP
server and then configure a PPTP connection to the security gateway on the
windows clients; mpd also supports DES encryption

- install one of the following VPN servers on the FreeBSD machine:
  * openvpn (security/openvpn), see http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/
  * vpnd (security/vpnd), see http://sunsite.dk/vpnd/
  * tinc (security/tinc), see http://tinc.nl.linux.org/

I have only tried the first option to connect a Windows 95 box, via an
MPPE-encrypted tunnel over the Internet, to a PPTP FreeBSD server, which in
turn is the firewall/gateway of the office LAN.

        Francesco Casadei
--
You can download my public key from http://digilander.libero.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B