I use nmh and recently wanted to not have to manually
clean up all the garbage that gets in to the quoted text if you
quote a HTML message or one that has a lot of 8-bit junk like
Microsoft OUtlook messages do.

        It looked like I needed  mhonarc so I installed the port with
no problem.  Each time I try to use mha-mhedit to reply to a
message full of mime and 8-bit characters, I get the following
error:

open2: exec of w3m -dump -cols 76 -T text/html failed at
/usr/local/etc/mha-mhedit line 104

        mha-mhedit is a perl script.  The results form a
blankrepl form that looks like:

To: Recipient.com
Subject: Re: FW: Budget Cuts
--------

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
/home/martin/Mail/draft: unmodified: line 1

        I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or there is
some sort of bug at work here.  I launch it using the example
from the mha-mhedit man page:

  repl -editor mha-mhedit

        Any constructive suggestions are much appreciated.

        Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer