On 27 August 2006, at 02:49, Gary Kline wrote:

Ah, thank you, thank you. I just can't see wasting so much of my disk
        [and bakup disks] for what are mostly voice/lectures.

        I suppose I can buy a DVD-R[W] and fnd out, but is there any reason
why I can't have many hours of audio on a DVD? In other words, id a DVD
        *only* for video?

You can always burn a data DVD, like a data CD.

--Might be nice to gather (parts of) my favorite CD's
        onto one Very long-playing disk.

That would require you to burn an audio DVD, which you couldn't read in a normal CD drive... and I really don't know how exactly you would do it either...

        gary

--
Gary Kline [EMAIL PROTECTED] www.thought.org Public service Unix