OK, thanks.

Right now there are no "problems", I just am looking to figure out how
to connect to my works VPN from home. Right now I'm looking at the
actual VPN part, but after that I have to check how to do remote
desktop/terminal services for the windows server I have to work on.

Thank you,
-Jim Stapleton

On 8/27/06, Erik Nørgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jim Stapleton wrote:

> What I found and added:
> #ipsec: Required for VPN
> options        IPSEC        #IP security
> options        IPSEC_ESP    #IP security (crypto; define w/ IPSEC)
> #ipsec optimsations
> options        FAST_IPSEC   # new IPsec (cannot define w/ IPSEC)
> options        IPSEC_FILTERGIF  #filter ipsec packets from a tunnel
>
> before adding these, I just had the default 6.1 generic kernel file
> with a few things commented and a couple uncommented.

Just start with the first two options, then add the others if needed.
But before you start, check if this actually solves the problem. There
is a well known problem with IPSec across NAT-firewalls: Authenticated
Headers don't work.

Not all kernel options are in the GENERIC file, look for the NOTES file,
platform specific NOTES are where you find the GENERIC for your
platform, but there is also a general NOTES.

Cheers, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org
X.509 Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/8D03551FFCE04F0C.crt