Hi,

On 8/28/06, Tim Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would really like to mount my PSP in FreeBSD so I can on and off load
files on my workstation, instead of having to use another, else where.
Has anybody been able to mount it?  Or have a How-To some place I could
use?  Thus far all my searches have come up with anything but what I'm
looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

First check if with the dmesg command you can see your PSP, you should
read something like this:

umass0: USB Solid state disk, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
GEOM: create disk da0 dp=0xc2d74850
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <Generic Traveling Disk 1.11> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0: 1.000MB/s transfers
da0: 126MB (258048 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 126C)

Then, you need to mount your PSP with:

mount_msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt/PSP

There is a chapter in the handbook about USB device
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/usb-disks.html

HTH

tdh

Regards.

--
There's this old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach
a man to fish, feed him for life."