On Sunday 27 August 2006 16:37, John Nielsen wrote:
> Quoting Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > i just brought home new samsung 22" widescreen LCD.  so far, i cannot
> > get xorg
> > to take anything other than standard CRT type resolutions, such as
> > 1280x1024.
>
> <snip>
>
> > the first part, seems to be the normal video modes that i would expect to
> > see from an i810 graphics card, but then right below that, i see video
> > modes that would be preferred on my new monitor (1680x1050) in a section
> > called "Supported Future Video Modes".  does this mean there is a chance
> > i might see proper resolutions for my new monitor, without upgrading to
> > some other video card?
> >
> > my computer has a 915G:
> >
> > (II) I810(0): Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) 915G
> > (--) I810(0): Chipset: "915G"
>
> Last I was aware, the i810 was totally dependent on the adapter's video
> BIOS for determining and setting modes. The sysutils/915resolution port
> might be able to help you, but when I was experimenting with it I
> didn't try any widescreen modes.
>
> I do think (again, no references) that work on the i810 driver is
> ongoing, but I don't know any details or ETA's for anything.
>
> JN

well, i finally got it to render at 1680x1050, but the size of my desktop is
fixed at about 1.5" outside the physical size of the lcd (and about 3/8" top
and bottom).  ive dont quite a bit of googling, and i am now trying to figure
out if there is a way to constain or shrink the desktop down, so that i will
be at the edges of my screen?

thanks,
jonathan