You are seeing it match the first match. Comment out the IPV6 line and restart bind.

        -Derek

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, patrick wrote:

I upgraded BIND on one of our DNS servers (running FreeBSD 4.x) to
version 9, and now all of our other machines that use this server for
DNS resolution is experiencing a problem where "localhost" seems to be
resolving to "::1". For example, if I previously typed:

telnet localhost 25

I would get:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

But now, I get:

Trying ::1...

Which takes forever to timeout.

In my /etc/hosts file, I have

::1                     localhost
127.0.0.1               localhost

We don't use IPV6 at all, and I do have the localhost.rev and
localhost-v6.rev added into the new BIND 9 server. Does anyone have an
idea of how I can get this to work the way it used to?

Thanks,

Patrick

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.