From: Nazar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: question about network setup
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:13:48 -0500

Alright guys. This is probably the complete newbie question, but I just cant
fight a straight answer on google. The questions usually I found, werent
answered. Anyways, to the point. I'm behind router. Cable modem -> Router ->
pc's. Basic home setup. I set up apache and want to figure out how is it
possible for me to use external ip to connect to my server? I can access the
server via internal ip & people can access it via my external, but for me
doesnt show up. I know this configuration has to do with my network, rather
than apache, or at least main configuration of my network and probably some
tweaking with apache....Well, if possible, some replies would be
appreciated. Maybe at least point me at the right direction. Thank you.
I think it'll also important to check on what IP apache is listening on for connections... you should make it something like this: 0.0.0.0/0, if you are not paranoidalycally afraid of hackers... and also specify addresses from which your apache will accept connections.. again 0.0.0.0/0

--
With best regards, Alexander Sashurin a.k.a. ZetRooT