I want to delete some remote files with a wildcard, running 'rm' over ssh.

The obvious syntax doesn't work at all - it doesn't even make an ssh
connection - I think it is interpreting the wildcard locally:

# ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] rm -rf /some/testdir/*
ssh: No match.

Then, these combinations of single and double quotes:

ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] 'rm -rf /some/testdir/*'

ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] rm -rf '/some/testdir/*'

ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] 'rm -rf "/some/testdir/*"'

All connect over ssh, and produce no errors, but the remote files are
still there - nothing was deleted.

So what is the _right_ way to do this ?

Thanks.