Peeps,

I bought this emtec usb storage device and plugged it
into my freebsd6.1 laptop. Dmesg gives:

umass0: vendor 0x13fe USB DISK 2.0, rev 2.00/1.00,
addr 2
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: < USB DISK 2.0 PMAP> Removable Direct Access
SCSI-0 device
da0: 1.000MB/s transfers
da0: 471MB (964608 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 471C)

But now I'm lost....
I want to mount this baby, but don't really know how
to proceed. The handbook shows me to go to section
17.3, but there they talk about nasty looking
commands. Can somebody get me up and running quickly?

Can I remove the usb stick safely before mounting it?

I already used it @work on windows to put some files
on it so why won't the mount_msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt
command not work in this case?

Thanks