Without setting multiple (crude) variables, I haven't come up with a good & simple way to set the date variable in my "csh" shell script to grab a file when the month rolls over.

Like this:

The file I want to copy into another script is in this format that I cannot change:

"2006-September.txt"
.
..which will roll next month to "2006-October.txt", etc.

I could use the "date" command to do: 2006-09.txt or maybe 2006-Sep.txt
but I haven't found a simple way to set a variable make date spell out the whole name of the month to match the file name.

Any tips on this one?

Best to all,
Jack