Was going to post this to net@, but figured I'd get a bigger audience and better answers on this list. (Please copy responses to me as well as the list to make sure I see them.)

I'm building a machine which is going to have very high network loads, but can't really use a TCP/IP "accelerator" because much of the traffic won't be TCP. What, as of now, is the most capable gigabit Ethernet interface for FreeBSD? Which has the cleanest, simplest driver? The most onboard buffer space to prevent overruns and underruns? The fastest bus interface? The least interrupt overhead (important because interrupts in FreeBSD 6.x are relatively expensive)? I have some Intel "em" interfaces available to me, but have been told that while the driver is well supported they are quirky and not the best choice.

--Brett Glass