Yes, you'd think, but no. I got a $50 GeForce 6200 LE/256M card and it works,
as long as I use the proprietary driver. With the standard nv driver that
xorgconfig came up with, it was just as bad as the Radeon.

The nvidia config utility did not add extra lines to the config file,
incidentally.

Thanks,

Oliver