On 9/5/06, RW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 05 September 2006 09:35, Erik Norgaard wrote:

> In the standard-supfile for the base system you'd specify RELENG_6 which
> means you'll get head of -STABLE, or if you are conservative RELENG_6_1
> which means that you'll just get security patches to the 6.1 release.

I do wish people wouldn't give inexperienced users the impresssion that
running 6-stable (RELENG_6 ) is the norm - this is a development branch.

Unfortunately it does feel like the norm. My servers are running
6-STABLE because the hardware is not fully supported in 6.1-RELEASE. I
had the same problems when 6.0-RELEASE was rolled out. Maybe we should
cut 6.2 early? that or time are release dates so they match up with
Intel's chipset release dates.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/