I experience instability with FreeBSD-AMD64 using ext2/ext3 filesystems.
Sometimes reading and writing these filesystems work without any problems and
the next time the whole system hangs with the only option resetting the pc.
Nevertheless I use it because overall it seems to be a lot faster, but I stay
away from the mentioned filesystems.

Cor