On Sep 5, 2006, at 1:59 PM, Jordi Carrillo wrote:
Just a doubt: FFS is not the same as UFS (unix filesystem)??? I installed FreeBSD and let FreeBSD to partition my hard drive and in fstab I have the partitions mounted as UFS.

FFS is an abbreviation for "Berkeley Fast File System", and is the UFS for BSDs. FFSv1 == BSD UFSv1. It's likely that Linux will support FFSv1/UFSv1 OK, but not UFSv2.

I think FreeBSD supports ext2 better than Linux supports UFS.

--
-Chuck