I just built a replacement machine for one that died at work. The system was
quite old, and I'm struggling to get the new one to do all the things the
older one did.

The current issue is, the new machine gets mail using fetchmail from another
machine for local delivery, so that I can read it. A good deal of this
(internal only) mail has malformed headers, fixing this is a big task, as
it comes from a lot of legacy machines provided by a control system vendor
running old versions of Solaris.

What's going on is that the local sendmail on the new machine is rejecting
these mails. Like this

Sep  6 06:50:43 brown sm-mta[12249]: k86Ai3w8012249: ruleset=check_mail,
arg1=<r [EMAIL PROTECTED]>, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1], reject=451 4.1.8 Doma
in of sender address [EMAIL PROTECTED] does not resolve

Now I _know_ this is a laformed header, but, (at least right now), I'd like
for sendmail to just take the mail, without being so picky about it. Is
there a rule I can tweak to accomplish this?

(Dennis Ritchie)