On 07/09/06, Vince <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jeff Rollin wrote:
> On 05/09/06, Jeff Rollin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm wondering whether FreeBSD is able to support reading (at least, but
>> preferably also writing) Linux LVM volumes? I have an itch to try
>> FreeBSD on
>> a desktop but all my data is in a Linux LVM.
>>
>> Is it possible?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Jeff Rollin
>>
>> --
>>

> No answers for two days; I can take that as a "no," then, can I?
>
> Oh well, there's always VMPlayer
>
> Proud Linux user since 1998

As far as i'm aware FreeBSD doesnt support Linux LVM (it uses vinum
and/or gvinum, dont know much about it as never used it)
Freebsd Runs fine as a guest OS in Xen apparently which might be better
for you as VMWare player needs a vmware image (easy to find on google I
expect but still..) and you dont get to play with the installer that way
;)

Thanks for the pointers. As an aside, are you worried about the legality of
VMWare images in VMPlayer? I don't think they're an issue (at least with
FOSS OS's such as *BSD), since iirc VMware provide links to OS images on
their websites (including, I believe, PC- and Free-BSD).

Jeff Rollin
--
Proud Linux user since 1998