On Sep 7, 2006, at 12:07 PM, Hair wrote:
Hello, the company I work for has decided to host web and mail internally
instead of paying a hosting company.  I have gotten freebsd set up and
postfix and squirrelmail up and running. Is there a way to migrate saved
messages from the old server to the new one?  I tried simply stopping
postfix on both servers, copy /var/mail/username and restart postfix, but
the copied mail does not show up.  Thanks.

Of course, you realize that Postfix is only an MTA; you probably need something like an IMAP or POP3 server for most MUA's to access the stored email...? And if you have been using POP3 in the past, normally the email is kept on the local user machines and not on the mail server; in that case, you will have to upload the saved email from their local user machines back to the mailhost you are setting up.

--
-Chuck