On 9/7/06, Joshua Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My shell mysteriously changed. I don't know what port changed the shell
but how do I put it back to normal. I liked how when I was logged in or
su'ed to root I had a prompt with the computer name and a hash sign. Now
I have a percent sign and when I try to change the shell with chsh I can
not get it to work anymore.

I am doing chsh -s /bin/sh is that correct? Is that the default BSD
shell?

Percent sign would mean that you are still using
csh, which is actually tcsh, if I am not mistaken.
You can set your prompt with
set prompt = '%m%# '

I do not know about the su situation.