On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Matthew Seaman wrote:

Interesting.  The 300.bsdstats script seems to except OpenBSD and NetBSD
from the device reporting stuff, but not DFly.

That does look extremely consistent with the known supported platforms
and versions of the various BSDs.  As you say, if it is someone playing
games, then they have gone to a great deal of trouble to invent realistic
data.  On the other hand, if it is real, and since it seems to come from
a single IP so we can assume it's all from one project or corporate entity,
then it sounds like a very interesting project I'd like to hear more about,
and I'm sure that the advocacy@ crowd would love to present as a 'BSD
Success Story'

Granted, but, after talking to Matt @ DragonFly, based on the fact that DragonFly doesn't have a port to AMD64 (it was a fork of FreeBSD 4.x) I've removed China/India/Korea from the list as 'overly suspicious numbers' ... :(

Apropos nothing else though -- can you add 'operating_system' columns along side the 'release' columns on the 'Releases' page. Counting OpenBSD 4.0 along with FreeBSD 4.0 doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

All ready being worked on :) Each OS will have their own set of 'detail pages' ...

----