On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:51:28 +0200
Alex de Kruijff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > absolutely. but you don't need to "install" anything to "run" a graphical
> > installer. And, ideally, you wouldn't be forced to have only the graphical
> > installer option, you'd still be able to use the good old ncurses or hack
> > your own -serial one :)
>
> But then two versions of a installer have to be maintained, meaning more
> work. Everyone can use the ncurses version. Its seems to me that the
> time it takes to make a second version could better go in to other
> parts of FreeBSD.

not if both read the same config and display it in a different manner, very
much like the Linux kernel's make config / menuconfig / xconfig

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will
deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Warned.