On 9/11/06, Leo Mrafko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

after some weird disk accident I have only pwd.db and spwd.db from my
passwd files left. Passwd and master.passwd are missing. Couln't find them
in /lost+found too. The system is running, but I can not add new users, of
course (baybe only using pwd_mkdb -u ).
Is there any way how to reconstruct master.passwd ? I was searching
through the archives and dind't finde the answer. I was also trying to
look into pwd_mkdb source, but ...

/var/backups contains a few files you may need.

Thanks in advance
Leo Mrafko