On 09/11/06 17:14, Nestor Wheelock wrote:
I have searched all over the net for a good definition of what the top state, "kserel" means. When I run mysql this is the state in which it

I don't mean to be stating the obvious... but as a newbie you might not know that KSE == "Kernel Schedulable Entity"

You can do all sorts of googling on "freebsd KSE" and as Chuck mentioned browse sys/kern/kern_kse.c

HTH.

runs.

  PID USERNAME  THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE  C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
 2117 mysql      17  20    0   323M 59080K kserel 0   0:02  0.00% mysqld

I'm a newbie with freebsd and am concerned that this might be some sort of problem since my installation of Mysql turned out to be rather challenging.

Thanks,
Nestor

Regards,
Eric