> Just out of curiosity I tried ruby port on two machines - fast one
> (1.6GHz Athlon with 1GB RAM) and small one (400MHz with 96MB RAM).
> Fast one has no problems with ruby, it builds and installs in few
> minutes. The slow one is another story, however.

There is definitely something in teh building of ruby (I beleive in
the test part), looks like it does a complete disk scanning (to find
possible libraries?) during that period when it seems to be idled,
disk are being accessed like carzy.

Anyway, after a night at it, it finally installs :)

Bests,

Olivier