I will PAY someone who can either answer this question or who wants to log into my server and help me figure it out. I can pay an hourly rate, make a donation to your favorite project...whatever. This problem is killing my productivity!!!!

I have a FreeBSD 6.1-p6 server running as server1.domain.com.
sshd is allowing connections from any client except those which share the domain.com name..I can't be certain this is the problem, but after a month of debugging, its the only common factor I can find. My ssh client on server2.domain.com (also FreeBSD 6.1) returns with "Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer" as output to my ssh client. On OS X the error message is "Write failed: Broken pipe". ...So mac.domain.com and server2.domain.com which are on different networks from server1 (and from each other) are not allowed...I don't get any useful error messages. Even setting sshd_config LogLevel to DEBUG3 doesn't provide anything meaningful (to me) in auth.log or debug.log for server2.domain.com, I even have its ip as an A record in DNS and server1 can see this. mac.domain.com is not so lucky as it sits behind a DHCP NAT'ed structure. But this should hardly be a problem...PuTTY on Windows XP with no domain setting and behind a NAT'd DHCP structure CAN connect...

Please allow me to offer some incentive this time around as this is my third post on this problem to this maillist. I have not received a single reply.

Please get in touch.
thanks ke han