Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've read
>
>       http://www.freebsd.org/projects/bigdisk/index.html
>
> and I want know actually on i386 arch is the limit of a fs is already 2 Tb
> What's the situation on amd64/EMT64, can we have big fs ? something like 10
> or more TB ?

There are people who use 8t partitions on i386. All you need to do is tweak
some settings to allow fsck to assign enough memory for a file system check.

This is possible because I think the file system is access block wise. With
a block size of 4k an 8TB FS only requires an address space of 2g. I don't know
anything about the UFS internals, so I cannot give you the real numbers, but
they should that something aught to be technically possible.