People,

        I've done at least two cmplete  make buildworlds (and all the
        rest: kernel/installworld/) and parts of mergemaster.  I *am*
        missing /usr/X11R6/bin/xdm and more files in /usr/X11R6/lib/[*].
        startx is also missing.

        I have read the UPDATING and README in /usr/src; Am I missing
        some knob[s]?   I have "gdm_enable=YES" in /etc/rc.conf just
        now and have the exec gnome line in ~/.xinitrc.  [~/.xinitrc
        is 0755 and chown'd kline:wheel]  and so on.

        I do see ctwm installed as a backup,  but without at least
        xdm, I'm wedged.  Anybody know what's going on?

        thanks in adance,

        gary

        PS:: When I scp'd xdm from 5.5, it did exec, but the xlogin
             widget was White and logging in as anyone failed.  I
             was always thrown back to the default white xlogin screen.

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix