On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:26:11 -0700
Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > xorg.conf doesn't sit in /usr/X11R6/bin, but /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xorg.conf
>
>       It is in my /etc/X11 directory.

I dont remember when was the last time I saw it in /etc/X11... that sounds
somewhat like a Linux layout... maybe you want to link /etc/X11
to /usr/X11/etc ?

> > the configuration apps to generate xorg.conf are  xorgcfg and xorgconfig
> > (one X based, the other text based)
>

>       Yeah, but there is a way using X -conf[ig].  I've forgotten the exact
>       details; but I have used both f the above configuration tools
>       before.

Sorry, i dont know, i always used the xorgcfg / xorgconf apps... they work fine,
specially if you have XNest

>       I'm still looking for xdm; possibly startx too.  I'm making the
>       wm switch from ctwm to gone-lite ...  but first, the basics
>       have to be there.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] [Mon Sep 18 14:08:29 2006]
/usr/home/betom
$ pkg_info -W /usr/X11R6/bin/xdm
/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm was installed by package xorg-clients-6.9.0_3

[EMAIL PROTECTED] [Mon Sep 18 14:11:32 2006]
/usr/home/betom
$ pkg_info -W `which startx`
/usr/X11R6/bin/startx was installed by package xorg-clients-6.9.0_3

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Anyone who isn?t confused here doesn?t really understand what?s going on.

Warned.