On 9/18/06, Ashley Moran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Winbind is [not?] fully functional on FreeBSD so it doesn't work
> authenticating with windows, ive tried compiling the Solaris
> version which is supposedly meant to work but I cant get it to
> compile.

I don't know anything about Samba, so I was wondering if someone here
has seen a similar setup working.  Is it really impossible to do what
I want?

In a previous job I've had squid using winbindd to do user
authentication against a native-mode Windows Server 2003 domain; I'd
say it works pretty well. Due to it being a previous job I can't
recall/lookup the exact procedure I went though to do it, but you just
have to join the BSD machine to the domain. IIRC this used to be done
with "smbpasswd -J" but I think they changed that to a new tool.

/JMS