Is anyone using the Dell DRAC 5 cards on 6.1-RELEASE? I played with it over the weekend and couldn't seem to get it working. Then, last night, it suddenly started working. (I can access the web admin interface now.) For some reason, I couldn't ping the card at all, even though I used STATIC and assigned known good IP, netmask and gateway. Then, for no apparent reason,it started working, after another reboot. (Needless to say, my confidence in the card isn't exactly soaring.)

The native card has enough functionality for what I need, but what I'm wondering is if anyone has managed to get the extra functionality working under linux emulation. If so, how did you install the rpm? And which emulation did you use?

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/