On 09/17/2006 17:40, Matthew Seaman wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to apply a patch set to FreeBSD 5.5 (this letter 'p'
followed by a number, after the version in 'uname -a') - but somehow it
did not work.

<snip>

The '#N' business after the version number is a counter showing how many times you've updated your kernel.

For the longest time this counter has never increased for me (it used to). It now stays at zero, yet I have rebuilt world numerous times. Must be something in the way I am doing things. Any idea what would cause it to *not* increase?

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--
Regards,