On 18/09/06, Edward and Nancy Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   I am new to UNIX, and want to download a basic UNIX system, just to
   run commands and become familiar with the system.  I wish to use this
   system as a companion piece to a UNIX tutorial which I have on DVD. I
   do not want to replace Windows at this time.

   My PC has:  Pentium III Processor at 1GHz, 128MB RAM at 133 MHz,
   Windows ME operating system.

   What course of action do you recommend that I take?

   Thanks.
   Ed Powers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Probably the best thing to do first is to find out which version of UNIX is
covered on the DVD; there are many "dialects," and if you choose the wrong
one (i.e. one which is too different from the one on the DVD) you may become
lost.

Jeff Rollin