I'm setting up a new server (Dell 1950) that has a DRAC card. My home network (where I'm working on it in my spare time) is behind a wireless router, and the internal network is 192.168.2.0/24. The DRAC card's IP address is 192.168.2.120 (gateway is 192.168.2.1. Mask is 255.255.255.0.) I can access the DRAC card from the server that it's on (through its IP - 192.168.2.120), and I can access it from my Windows workstation that is plugged in to the router just like the DRAC card is (RJ45 cable.) I'm pretty sure the router's interface is switched (not a hub.)

I cannot access the DRAC card from my Mac OS X laptop, which is on the wireless network and has an address of 192.168.2.102. When I try to ping the DRAC card from the Mac, I get "No route to host. Host is down". If I ping it from the server or from the Windows box, it responds fine.

This makes no sense to me. If anyone has a bright ideas what I'm missing, I'm all ears.

One other thing. Using the console redirection through the web interface (which forces you to use IE and an ActiveX control!), I can see the console fine, but the keyboard and mouse (on the Windows box) don't do anything. I can still login through the USB keyboard attached to the server, and I can see the virtualy keyboard and mouse being detected (looking at the console messages.)

Has anyone gotten console redirection working (to include keyboard and mouse functionality)?

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/