Dear Problem Solver,

  Greetings from Singapore J

  I have had a strange problem with my dial up modem.  It is connected to a
unix server, and I was able to dial in and connect to the server for 2 days.
Now suddenly, when I dial in, I get some junk characters , instead of a login
prompt!!! I read on the net that this happens when the modem speed is different
from the getty speed.. but the strange part is that I have been using the same
settings for 2 days, when suddenly today morning I started seeing the junk
chars !!

  Any suggestions ? J

  Kind regards,
Geeta

Luck is Opportunity meeting Preparedness...