On 19 Sep 2006, at 14:47, Stephanie Bridges wrote:

Ashley,

This is quite doable, and winbindd isn't broken on FreeBSD. It took me a bit to figure out how to make it work correctly, however. I have a FBSD
system here that authenticates to our university AD server, and allows
access based upon membership in certain security groups. We don't have any services for unix support on our AD server either. If your linux boy needs a little help, I'd be happy to send you my config files, sounds like
maybe he hasn't actually done it on linux either as my FreeBSD/Linux
setups are nearly identical.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Stephanie... I will take you up on your offer. Can you send me the configs you use? He has got it working on Linux, we've got a couple of servers I assume are authenticating correctly. I don't know what the problem is.

Ashley