On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Jonathan Chen wrote:

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 03:16:26PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Has anyone configure imap-uw to accept plaintext passwords? The options listed
in the doumentation do not work. I have tried various combinations of
PASSWDTYPE, SSLTYPE, and WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT with no success.

Or is there a better imap/pop daemon to use? Thanks for any help.

You have to make sure that BOTH mail/imap-uw and mail/cclient have
been compiled with "-DWITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT".

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         Power corrupts, Absolute Power is pretty neat

That (eventually) did it - thanks. From reading the UW docs, I had tried:

  make WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT=yes

which looked liked reading the make file do the right thing. What's the
difference or where can I read about it? I other confusion came from having to
restart inetd. I would have thought that was not necessary.

The answer at least for imap-uw is do not pay too much attention to the makes files and docs in the source, rather use /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw/Makefile.