Coreix Systems - UNIX Developers wrote:

i want to add company specific support data to the source so it can be
updated to motd on a daily basis, but do not want
it to be easily accessiably be sysadmins.
i have done it through a /etc/perodic/daily/script file, but clients can
find it i want to complile it in the source.
Sorry, I missed the bit about it not being accessbile by sysadmins. Though I have to wonder what you can keep a determined sysadmin out of, if they really want to mess with something.

Sounds more like something you could achieve with permissions and/or something that checksums what's in MOTD versus what should be.

--
Paul Beard
<http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society.
-- Mark Twain