Hi List,

I have a shell script whose execution is scheduled by CRON. The command
scheduled is of the form:

50 23 * * 1-5 /apps/batch/cronjobs/bd_backup.sh >
/apps/batch/logs/bd_backup.log 2>&1

This shell script runs under the id of root. The file permissions of the log
file created are 644 (owner: root, group: wheel). I'd like that the file
permissions of the log created be 600 (or 640 maximum). How could I accomplish
this? This is probably related to "umask", but I don't dare changing anything
in case that change could affect some other security configuration as a side
effect.

What would you recommend?

Any hint or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Aitor.

************ LEGEZKO OHARRA / AVISO LEGAL / LEGAL ADVICE *************
Mezu honek isilpeko informazioa gorde dezake, edo jabea duena, edota legez
babestuta dagoena. Zuri zuzendua ez bada, bidali duenari esan eta ezabatu,
inori berbidali edo gorde gabe, legeak debekatzen duelako mezuak erabiltzea
baimenik gabe.
Este mensaje puede contener información confidencial, en propiedad o legalmente
protegida. Si usted no es el destinatario, le rogamos lo comunique al remitente
y proceda a borrarlo, sin reenviarlo ni conservarlo, ya que su uso no
autorizado está prohibido legalmente.