Hi,

On 9/21/06, Mike Peirson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,
First off, I'm new to FreeBSD and this mailinglist so I hope I am in the
right place. Anyways, right now I am having some problems with FreeBSD
booting up. I have tried to install 3 times now and keep getting the
same error. When I try to boot into FreeBSD, this eventually comes up:

         Manual root filesystem specification:
<fstype>
                                        eg. ufs:da0s1a
                   ?                 List valid disk boot devices
                   <empty line>      abort manual input
                 Mountroot>

This seems to be a prompt where I need to specify the location of the
root partition, but the problem here is that it hangs or freezes and I
cannot input any text. At first I thought it may be a result of FreeBSD
not properly recognizing my HDD's geometry but I manually fixed that and
it still is giving me this same issue. If anyone has had a similar
problem or knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate any help. I
looked through the Handbook and googled this but I haven't found a
solution yet.
--
Michael Peirson

I guess you are using 6.1-RELEASE if so It's a bug in kbdmux, it was
solved after in FreeBSD-STABLE. Booting in 'Safe mode'  from the
beastie menu, should workarround your hang problem.

HTH

Regards.
--
There's this old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach
a man to fish, feed him for life."