I have been dual booting FreeBSD and Windows XP for quite sometime.
However, I never boot into Windows XP any longer.  I can pretty much do
everything I need to do from within FreeBSD.  Is there a way that I can
wipe out the Windows XP partition, resize the FreeBSD partition, and
install a standard FreeBSD MBR (no boot manager) without slicking and
reloading the hard drive?

I really like the way I have my stuff setup within FreeBSD and would
hate to have to recreate a lot of it as well as install applications
over again.  Could I do a dump of my current FreeBSD partition, reformat
and partition the whole drive, install FreeBSD, and then restore my data
to the new partition or would this cause issues?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Jeff Cross
http://www.averageadmins.com/