Armin Pirkovitsch wrote:
O. Hartmann wrote:
Sorry, maybe a little bit off-topic here.

I tried using GAIM as IM, but ran into trouble. Receiving documents is
working, but with or without any kind of firewall sending files is not
possible.

The GAIM installation is as is taken from the ports collection, firewall
disabled ... Tried ICQ/MSN/Yahoo and IRC, always the same, no sending,
but receiving ...

Any help appreciated,

Are you connceted directly to the net or over a router / server with nat?
If it's not directly you have to forward ports to the client pc for
direct connections (like  file sending)

My box at home is connected to the net via a DSL router. The box has a 192.168.xxx.xxx Ip, and therefore, I think you sketched the problem the right way. Is there a way to do this automatically via pf(1)? It would be weird to forward each connection, most of them DHCP obtained IPs, by hand. Sorry, I'm not very familiar with that stuff ...

Regards,
Oliver