Hi Matt!

 If you are talking about givin FTP access only, then
the easiest way to do it is just adding the user to the file /etc/ftpchroot
 and thats all!!
 if the file does not exist. then create it.

add to /etc/ftpchroot all users that you want them to ftp but never see any upper level of shell.

 have fun,
 Marwan Sultan
 System Administrator.