On Sep 24, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Michael Eubanks wrote:

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 12:51 -0700, Chris wrote:
Are there any official patches to support multiple IPs in jails or
would I be limited to taking a chance with the few 6.1 patch files
I suppose you could alias your primary network interface, then use a
simple firewall with multiple divert sockets for address translation,
thereby forwarding packets to a single jail IP (possible with multiple
jail ports open).

Thank you, that does sound like an interesting approach. The application is maintain the multiple IP Addresses for the sites though the sites actually share much code and data. I also attempted using multiple jails all pointing to the same file system but was naturally discouraged by the jail configuration to do so as this seems to violate the concept. Seems wasteful of memory too. I will try the divert method next using a single jail.

Thank you again for the reply.
Chris